Friday, March 2, 2012

Crinkle Turtle


                I saw a tutle like this for sale but didn't feel the need to spend the money on it. So, as usual, I made it myself. :) I just drew out a tutrle on paper and started working away cutting fabric to work.

If you want to buy one this is where I saw it for sale: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69190537/yertle-the-turtle-green-or-pink-crinkle

I used a plastic bag for under the shell and in the feet and head I used an old wipe bag (the kind people use for refills).  I added skinny batting to the head and body and left the feet alone.  I appliqued on the shell: first added head and bond to the shell fabric, peeled off the paper backing and started pinning in place with ribbon under the edges. I zig zaged it down then ironed the shell to make it stick down good. :)

I guess I should have taken pictures of it as I went along, but I didn't.  Anyway, this project is very simple and fun! It turned out cute! :) On the tummy of the turtle I used red minky.