Thursday, June 16, 2011

Icecream Applique Overalls

Something SWEET for my little sweetie!


          Let me just say.... If you know me, you know I have a thing for overalls. :) I don't know why, I just love them! I saw someone make these and sell them on etsy. The woman is so nice and sweet and is charging a sweet price for these overalls. She even told me what fabric she used! I just can't afford them myself, and I hate the feeling of paying someone else to do something I can do myself. I drew the applique templates out by hand and traced them onto fabric. I then placed and heat n bonded them on. The most time consuming thing I did was stitch them all down. I don't have an embroidery machine and I think If I did, it would take all the fun out of applique for me! Yes things would look a lot crisper, but I love looking at the finished product and seeing my little tiny flaws and remembering how hard it was to make. It makes me feel good. My new favorite thing is applique lately. I love it! Making ruffles...... Not so favorite.  I again make those the old fashioned way and seem to always break the thread over and over again. This time around I had one of those hair pulling experiences. I also made my first peasant top for this outfit! I forgot to take pictures. It was easy and looks cute! I added a ruffle to the bottom of that too. sigh. :) I love the way they look, I endure the pain! :) Anyway, thanks for reading! Have a happy day!