Friday, January 6, 2012

making a replacement seat for a doll stroller

      We bought a doll stroller from walmart for $10.00 or so for my daughter's birthday in October. in 2 months she managed to rip the fabric on it because she likes to sit in it herself. No surprise it broke! :) We figured it would happen sooner or later and it was only $10.00 so no big! Today, after weeks of her wanting me to fix it, I finally did. :) it took me about an hour start to finish and was pretty simple.
     I used a small piece of scrap for the whole thing that I bought at walmart for cheap months ago.  I lined the front parts of it with fusible fleece to add support in case she still wants to sit in it. :)  I cut the old one apart and traced it onto the new fabric and went from there.  I hated how the bottom of the seat would always come off and she would bring it to me multiple times a day to put it back on for her, so.... I added ties to keep it on this time.
    It's not the best sewing job i've ever done, but it works. I used what I had on hand and hurried up with it. I'm not concerned with tiny cosmetics on this one.


                                                         This makes for a happy girl again!