I was having one of those days a while ago where you wish you could just rewind to the morning and stay in bed all day rather than have the awful day you had, or fast forward past bedtime and just be done with the day already. I was trying to sew things for my sister in laws and get them in the mail but nothing I tried was working, I couldn't get the stuff even cut out because I didn't have enough fabric, and the other project I ended up not having the right pattern for it, so after ordering fabric and patterns and spending MORE $ and time, I just got up and walked away. The next morning I got up and saw my machine still sitting there and all my sewing stuff out and thought it would be awful to have my last sewing experience of the week be bad, so I decided I'd go make the girls something really fast before I put it all away for the weekend and then start fresh on Monday with the need to get done stuff.
I only had a yard of the monkey fabric and scraps of random red. This is what came from it all.
For the skirt, I just winged a simple skirt and added a band along the bottom with elastic in the top. The shirt was actually a sweater that was mine. One day I went to wear it and noticed it was falling apart at the seams. I have had it for years and loved it so it was worn a lot. I took it all apart and fit it to her. it's not perfect, so don't look too close. I just fumbled through and hoped it would turn out. No idea what I was doing.
The dress is the dress pattern I love by Scientific Seamstress that can be purchased HERE. It is called girls dress pattern, stripwork jumper. I have yet to try the stripwork version, only done the solid version. I didn't have enough fabric for a full on ruffle or band along the bottom, so I stitched on some ribbon. Turned out cute!!! :) This little project turned my day around.