Friday, April 13, 2012

Back Tie Bow Dress

    I apologize for the bad pictures, my camera is broken and we need a new one.

    I bought this pattern a while ago and intended to sew it, but it has taken me a long time to get to it.  The pattern can be purchased here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/78394035/sewing-pattern-reverse-knot-dress-pdf  she also sells kits so you don't have to do fabric selections.


      When I bought this fabric I did not have this dress in mind, so I only bought two fabrics rather than the tree it calls for. Oh well, it works! My daughter loves this dress and it's so comfy looking. She twirls and runs and feels like the pretty little girl she is!

     This pattern is very easy to use and it took no time to cut fabric out. I did most of it the measure and tear way. I did not get my iron out and iron like the instructions said, and If I REALLY cared about perfection, I should have for a few spots. I think next time I make this dress, I'll topstitch the ties so they lay down better. I would totally recomend this pattern to others and think it's a fun dress to make! It doesn't look sloppy either.