Friday, September 16, 2011

Simple, Quick Valance



     When I painted my daughter's room a while ago, I planned on sewing a valance too. It kept getting put off and honestly, I had never sewn one before so I was unsure what to do. I bought 2 yards of fabric and found a valance I had on her window before that was purchased. I added about 3 inches in length and 5 inches in width to make it fit a little better. on the two short ends of the fabric I folded in about 1/2 inch and folded it again then stitched  in place. I then folded the fabric in half with right sides together and stitched along the top raw edges. Then I turned it right side out and stitched close to the top edge just to keep it in place. I top stitched again at 1 1/2 inches from top, then again about that far from the last stitching. Simple as that! no bottom hem needed which I love! :)